Friday, September 11, 2009

v.IS.uaL REBEL::..

Some pretty evocative photography taken on Hamra Street by Photography Seven

...who stated that Beirut (Lebanon) is the "number one city on New York Times cities to visit this summer, reveals the boiling verging sexual liberation on its walls."

Min Shaz? Immak Shaza, Ana Mithli. = Who's a deviant, your mother is a deviant, I am a homosexual.
Min Shaz? Immak Shaza, Ana Mithli. = Who's a deviant, your mother is a deviant, I am a homosexual.

Khoz = Take This Khoz = Take this.

Ayb = Shame
Ayb = Shame.

The last picture I posted is interesting. The poster itself is an awareness campaign against sexual diseases and etcetera... But above it someone has sprayed the words "Ayb" which translates to shame... So, using a condom is shameful? Or the fact that they posted a man's genitals is a shameful act? I guess the topic of 'sex' is rather taboo in some countries--especially conservative Islamic countries. I will have to look further into this...

No comments:

V.I.N.T.A.G.E TRAVELLER.


For the latest-PAST-trends, fashions, l'histoires...