Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ETHNIC-MOLD in the 1960s::....

I guess even that which is "Tribal Fashion" goes in and out (perhaps) of style. As shown by this video of Christian Dior's 1960 style guide...

It's funny when newspapers, blogs, broadcasts, etc rave on and on on how the World has turned to Africa and the "Rise of Africa." Don't get me wrong, I definitely think Africa is on the rise (we can't be stopped)!

But what I'd like to see are more African Designers taking the front row. Not already-established designers "borrowing" African influences and making it their own...

Ode to Self: It's really only the people of Africa that can make Africa rise-up and be great once again.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, they always say that fashion is a cycle...

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats crazy..

V.I.N.T.A.G.E TRAVELLER.


For the latest-PAST-trends, fashions, l'histoires...